Finally, I got success in implementing Microsoft Project Server 2007 in my organization. And at first impression, it seems really cool tool for project management. And I hope this first impression stay last long. The deployment of the Project Server was little bit hectic. That might be due to not having enough experience implementing and installing that. Below are the features, which I really like into Project Server 2007.
- Excellent Project Web Application.
- Sync. with Microsoft Project Planner. (It’s really cool)
- Sync. of tasks and time sheet with Microsoft Outlook. (It’s really helpful, tried in pilot run. Quite impressed).
- Share Point - document management. And documents’ sync. with Microsoft Outlook.
- Resource Center.
- Sync. with Active Directory.
Isn’t it seems cool?? Find below articles for Project Server 2007 implementation guides.
“Deployment for Office Project Server 2007”— http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/0c43062d-30e3-49b1-9705-ed447ad1d2561033.mspx
“Deployment for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 technology”—http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/WSS/en/library/1f505e96-60e2-41ac-bf5d-9739105f047c1033.mspx